Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Iranian Protests

I'm so excited that it actually worked. when I had the idea, I went right to an expert - a 9th grader! Anyway, I am anxious to hear what everyone thinks about Iran. What a terrible time not to be in Conflicts class. I am so impressed with the people who are risking so much to go into the streets and protest. I am especially impressed by the women who have obviously not accepted the oppression of the Islamic regime. I am surprised because I don't think there is actually a leader to this movement. It is more as though the movement made Mousavi their leader instead of him leading the movemment. He is not exactly a liberal. But, in comparison to Ahmadinejad, anyone would look liberal - and perhaps sane. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Is it okay if I tell a friend of mine about this site? She would have been the ideal Conflicts student, if she didn't go to school in Wisconsin. We like to talk about politics together, and I think she would really enjoy reading posts on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, Ann. Just tell her to identify herself if she posts any comments. It would be interesting to see if she has any different views.

    ReplyDelete