Sunday, September 13, 2009

Do you have your copy yet?

"If you have always wondered whether you can change the world, read this book. Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn have written a brilliant call to arms that describes one of the transcendent injustices in the world today—the brutal treatment of women. They take you to many countries, introduce you to extraordinary women, and tell you their moving tales. Throughout, the tone is practical not preachy and the book’s suggestions as to how you can make a difference are simple, sensible, and yet powerful. The authors vividly describe a terrible reality about the world we live in but they also provide light and hope that we can, in fact, change it.”

-Fareed Zakaria, author, The Post-American World

2 comments:

  1. Just came today! I got an audio version so that I can take it with me to Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Emily. I'm glad it came before you fly off to Italia. I am getting so excited about my trip. I am sorry that I will not make it to Florence. It would have been so cool. I'll wave to you from Venice. I hope you can see me. Maybe you can take a quick trip to Venice? :-)

    ReplyDelete